Jump to navigation Jump to search
Palookaville Santa Cruz, CA
"Bud Surf Tour Bash"
Wednesday, February 22, 1995
- Sprung Monkey
Santa Cruz, CA - February 22nd 1995
Recorded by Robert W.
- STP [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA5-7Fqgdds ]
- Saw Red
- Scarlet Begonias / Ninja Dub [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT0YUgkCzF4 ]
- Dont Push
- Garden Grove [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQD0vVplfm4 ]
- Right Back
- New Thrash
- Pool Shark
- Greatest Hits
- 5446 That's my Number
- House of Suffering
- Date Rape
- Hope [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgcwWFIQ40Y ]
- Part 1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5_RhvWOf1o
- Part 2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXno-9WmAXs
- Part 3- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2SNBev39iw
- Part 4- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIR86EWrCm4
- Part 5- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odbPRZRV08Q
- This show is often mislabeled as Palookaville June 7, 1995.
- This show was filmed by Robert W., who was hired to film Sprung Monkey, but fortunately ended up trying his pro camera equipment on the opening act as well.. The video is one of the best quality ones available so far.
- Sublime was warming up for Sprung Monkey and didn't have that much time to play. Brad looks somewhat bored and like that he doesn't really feel like playing at all. He doesn't smile much except for when they're playing "Hammer". The whole band was more or less pissed off since they got to know right before the show time that they won't be able to play even close to as long as they were planning to. This was decided by the organizers of the show. Before one of the last songs somebody even comes to the stage to tell them that they should be wrapping it up soon to make way for the main performer of the night.
- "Ninja Dub" Contains lines from two different Courtney Melody songs: "Ninja Me Ninja" and "The Night Before", original versions of which can both be found e.g. on a Courtney Melody album "Ninja Me Ninja Showcase", released on Firehouse label. "Hammer" is a cover of Bob Marley and the original version can be found on "Songs of Freedom" 4cd box set.