== The Phoenix Theater Petaluma, CA == Friday, May 24th, 1996
- The Ziggens
All Ages Show
The Last Show - "Play Nice In The Pit"
- Soundcheck [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ct9IgF9K8U ]
- Date Rape
- Saw Red
- Smoke Two Joints
- Warning Sign
- 40 oz. To Freedom
- We're Only Gonna Die
- The Ballad Of Johnny Butt
- Pawn Shop
- I Love My Dog
- Same In The End
- Pool Shark
- KRS One
- Paddle Out
- All You Need
- Work That We Do
- [ All released video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlOMANGU7FA ]
- Sublime's last ever gig... making it a must hear bootleg. The quality is not brilliant, but it does manage to capture the masses of energy that day.
- Albino Brown recorded this show to video and has only released part of it (4 songs) to Brads family, friends and VH1 to make behind the music.
- The concert promoter, Lil' Mike, who promoted the Kommotion shows and was friends with the band sent his girlfriend, Badfish, to this show. She fortunately recorded part the show to her walkman recorder from the middle of the crowd. Her recording does not include "Work That We Do" (which was shown from Albino's recording) and Hope was recorded at the beginning of the second side. The full tracklist is still unknown. There was a banner over the pit which read "Play Nice In The Pit", and hence where the name of the recording came from.
- From Bud Gaugh's Website:
"SUBLIME played a show in Chino, CA where the promoter offered us a veritable smorgasborg of every drug under the sun- Brad came to me and said he wanted to "party just one more time." I told Brad it wasn't worth it, but after our show in Petaluma Brad & I got a hotel room on the beach outside of San Francisco. Brad tried to convince me we had all the reasons to party & it was worth celebrating, "We owe it to ourselves," I can remember him telling me. It was 2:00 am & I declined, falling asleep, Brad left to go walk on the beach with Lou Dog. When I woke up the next morning, I saw my best friend, naked, laying on the bed with his feet on the floor. I remember laughing, thinking he had gotten so drunk the night before he couldn't make it into bed, but when I got no response from him I got up to see what was going on, and that's when the world came to a screeching halt. I tried to resuscitate him, but he had been dead for hours. I began crying out loud for help, ran down stairs & down the road looking for the rest of the guys. This was the worse news I ever had to deliver in my life. After being interviewed by the police I was told by the EMTs that he had been gone for hours and there was nothing I could do. This was the longest bus ride of all of our lives."
- Pictures from Albino Brown video recording of this show. This video has not been released to date.
- 'Work That We Do' video footage from this show is on Behind The Music/Biorythmn TV Shows.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_hRxMrxDIA [sk8eddie81]